As we approach the Thanksgiving season, there are a lot of things we are thankful for. However, as a car dealership, we are particularly thankful for safety. Here are five modern safety features we love having in our vehicles.
- Adaptive Cruise Control. While basic cruise control was great, adaptive cruise control is even better. Most systems will automatically adjust to the speed of the surrounding traffic and will even come to a complete stop, if needed.
- All-Wheel Drive. Modern all-wheel drive systems are smart and sophisticated. They can detect changes in traction in fractions of a second to send power to the wheels that need it most. This feature is particularly helpful during Iowa winters.
- Automatic Emergency Braking. Systems like this have the potential to avoid or at least reduce the severity of a front-end collision, which could potentially save lives. We all get distracted sometimes and this feature can act as a safeguard.
- Rearview Camera. All new cars come standard with a rearview camera. This camera lets you see what is behind while you back up, so you don’t accidentally drive over something.
- Blind Spot Warning. Even the most diligent drivers can’t account for things they don’t see. All cars have blind spots and a blind spot warning lets you know when another vehicle is hiding in yours.
Contact us at Motor Inn of Spirit Lake, Motor Inn of Algona, Motor Inn of Carroll, Motor Inn of Estherville, or Motor Inn of Knoxville if your vehicle is in need of a service appointment before the holiday travel season begins.