Driving can be a dangerous task if you are not careful. That’s why it’s important to keep these important tips for driving safely in mind while navigating the streets of Spirit Lake, Iowa, during your commute.
Create a buffer
between you and the car ahead of you
You need enough space to come to a complete stop should the
vehicle in front of you suddenly do the same. While automatic emergency braking
features on vehicles from Ford and Chrysler may assist with these sudden stops,
it’s important to create a buffer between you and the car ahead of you to stay
as safe as possible.
Keep your blind spots
Many modern vehicles from brands like Dodge and Ford have
blind-spot monitoring systems to help you see what you normally can’t while on
the highway. While these systems are helpful, you should also be constantly
keeping your blind spots in mind while changing lanes.
Adjust your driving
Weather like rain and snow can force you to alter your usual
driving habits to stay safe. If the ground is slick, be sure to slow down. That
will give you more space and time to come to a complete stop.
For more driving safety tips or to explore the safety technologies currently available from some of the industry’s top brands, be sure to visit our staff at a Motor Inn Auto Group location!
Please follow and like us:
As we approach the Thanksgiving season, there are a lot of
things we are thankful for. However, as a car dealership, we are particularly
thankful for safety. Here are five modern safety features we love having in our
- Adaptive Cruise Control. While basic cruise control was great, adaptive cruise control is even better. Most systems will automatically adjust to the speed of the surrounding traffic and will even come to a complete stop, if needed.
- All-Wheel Drive. Modern all-wheel drive systems are smart and sophisticated. They can detect changes in traction in fractions of a second to send power to the wheels that need it most. This feature is particularly helpful during Iowa winters.
- Automatic Emergency Braking. Systems like this have the potential to avoid or at least reduce the severity of a front-end collision, which could potentially save lives. We all get distracted sometimes and this feature can act as a safeguard.
- Rearview Camera. All new cars come standard with a rearview camera. This camera lets you see what is behind while you back up, so you don’t accidentally drive over something.
- Blind Spot Warning. Even the most diligent drivers can’t account for things they don’t see. All cars have blind spots and a blind spot warning lets you know when another vehicle is hiding in yours.
Contact us at Motor Inn of Spirit Lake, Motor Inn of Algona, Motor Inn of Carroll, Motor Inn of Estherville, or Motor Inn of Knoxville if your vehicle is in need of a service appointment before the holiday travel season begins.
Please follow and like us: